Friday 11 May 2018

Deutschland Deutschland uber alles...

I like Germany in theory (having never been there myself). And, while not being a fan of a specific ideology commonly associated with dearest Deutschland, I am in fact, a fan of said ideologies military aesthetic.

That being said, a few years ago, I purchased a bunch of Warlord Games German Panzergrenadiers and Halftracks, most excellent products I must add. However, in typical me fashion, after painting only three models I became distracted with another nefarious project. However, the acquiring of those models was good money well spent as they proved useful for conversions for many other sci-fi projects.

As you can see, all of these models are based off panzergrandadier bodies.


So after establishing how much I love Warlord Games and all their assorted goodies, and taking into account how much I have enjoyed these plastic Germans, I decided to take the plunge and buy some more. However...!!!

This would not be a frivolous purchase! I had to prove to myself that I could (and possibly would) paint them. So with no further ado, I whipped out the last sad bedraggled remains of the old grenadiers sprues and whipped up a squad. It did help my motivation that I had already planned out a background for them as well as faction background. You see, these weren't any sort of Nazis, they were space Nazis! Now before everyone dies from sheer amazement, no, they do not look it. (Even space Nazis need grunt level troops...)

Seeing that they were from Warlord Games, and so are my minis for Beyond the Gates of Antares (the ruleset I use for pretty much everything), it was perfectly natural for me to want to use them in the same setting. Therefore I created a (very unofficial) new faction for Antares, known as the Ahrian Dominate (AhDom for short).

More information on AhDom may or may not follow eventually in another post.

But now onto the crux of the matter... the miniatures. I indeed managed to surprise myself by painting up the models that I had set out to do (for once!), and I have decided for further motivation (and a sad lack of other content) to do a post on them.



Right off the metaphorical bat is a five man squad with STG44s (Although they will be SG-somethingsomething else in Antares).



Then we have a little sniper team... not sure why he's using a KAR98K in the happy sunshine of the far future but eh...



Then the most interesting and worst photographed pair, an LMG team... The chap with the MG42 has a greenstuffed mask and generator/backpack thing... note that I did the conversion years ago when Konflikt '47 was first released. Interestingly he was the inspiration to do any of this in the first place...



Here we go, all nine of them! Suitable for tabletop use...


And best of all, this allows me to go ahead and purchase some new minis!




___________________________________________________________________________________

That's all for now, with hopefully a couple of further posts in the near darkness of the bright future...

Mild apologies for the rambling, hopefully more organized next time...

Thank you for reading!

Regards,
Joshua

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done.

    ...and a Kar98 (or its equivalent) would never be out of place on the far flung frontier. People fight with what they can get.

    Keeping your paint jobs flexible between periods is a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      In regards to their uniforms, I am wanting to use them in games of Konflikt 47 sometime perhaps in the future... Considering how much I chop and change genres, it will hopefully be a boon in the long run.

      Delete